Did you know that you can drink yourself to beauty? That's right, gleaming skin and shiny hair are just a few tasty sips away. Nutritionist and Chef, Zoe Bingley-Pullin invites us into her kitchen and teaches us how to make a delicious super food-packed beauty smoothie. Bottoms up.
- 10 organic dried figs (diced, hard stalk removed)
- Organic dried dates
- ½ cup of brazil nuts
- ½ Pepitas (sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup of macadamias
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 4 - 5 cocao beans
- 1 cup LSA powder (linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- ½ cup fresh organic raspberries
- Add all the protein mix ingredients except for the Carob Powder to a blender and blend on high.
- Add the carob powder separately a bit at a time until the mix takes on a doughy consistency.
- Remove mixture from the blender. Take a small handful of the protein mix (about half a golf ball size) and make a boat shape with your hands.
- Insert a raspberry into the centre and then generously cover with more protein mixture to create the other half.
- Roll it the mixture in your hands to form a ball to roughly a golf ball size.
- Roll the balls into a coating of LSA powder to cover and they're ready to enjoy.