When nutritionist and blogger Jessica Sepel whipped out this brownie during her interview with Beauticate, we were just dying to know what was in it. Not only does it taste amazing (trust us!) but this delicious and decadent, healthy alternative to a brownie will feed your skin and have you glowing from the inside out. Oh, and did we mention it’s also gluten, dairy AND sugar-free? Read on to find out how to make it for yourself and exactly why we’ve coined it the beauty girl’s brownie.
The beauty benefits, according to Jessica…
“Walnuts are high in omega 3's which dampen any inflammation and nourish the skin. Omegas keep skin hydrated and fresh looking. They also act as an antioxidant and fight the signs of ageing.”
“Tahini is rich in essential fatty acids which help to maintain healthy skin. Tahini is also a great source of vitamin E which helps to reduce the rate of ageing in our cells.”
3. Raw Cacao
“Cacao is full of skin-friendly vitamins and minerals, like magnesium, vitamin C, and omega-6 fatty acids that increase blood flow and promote cellular repair to give you that youthful glow."
4. Goji Berries
“Goji berries are high in antioxidants which serve to protect our skin cells from free radical damage. They’re also high in Vitamin C; a nutrient that builds collagen.”
- 2 cups walnuts
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or raw honey or stevia)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 30 grams grated dark chocolate, if desired
1. Line a small loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients except grated dark chocolate in a food processor and pulse until mixture is as smooth as you'd like.
3. Stir in grated dark chocolate, if desired.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan. Pack down and smooth.
5. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
6. Run a thin paring knife around the edges of the pan and turn out onto small serving plate. Peel off baking paper and slice into desired pieces.
7. Garnish the top with goji berries, desiccated coconut, mixed nuts and seeds (optional). Top with raspberries, Greek yogurt or coconut cream.