The Oscars' red carpet is always a spectacle of the latest trends in beauty. This year, stars shined in a range of timeless looks and modern beauty accents that partnered with their fashion-forward gowns. Surprisingly, the most popular beauty trends were those that us little guys can actually pull them off.
1. Side parted hair: An ample amount of A-listers swept their locks to the side. An intentional side part is an easy way to spice up your look. Once hair is parted to the side, it draws attention to the central facial features like the eyes and lips bringing a subtle sensuality to any look. Emma Roberts, Karlie Kloss and Emma Stone are perfect examples of why this trend is so attractive.
2. Natural-Looking Lips: Accentuating natural lip colour is a sly way of accomplishing the effortless beauty look this season. Natural looking lips are quick and easy to attain and help to highlight the eyes.
3. Iridescent Eyes: Hailee Steinfeld, Taraji P. Henson and Olivia Culpo eyes sparkled with bright colors. Whether the shimmering eye shadow featured silver, purple or warm golden brown tones, the iridescent makeup emphasised the women’s greatest tool for expression - their eyes.
4. Loose curls: Soft curls indicate classic femininity and elegant style. The timeless look is simple and goes well with just about any outfit, not just couture gowns. Brie Larson, Leslie Mann, Kirsten Dunst indulged in this beauty trend.
"If @brielarson's gown was a Venn diagram, it would live in the overlap between "completely classic" and "totally modern." Her velvet custom @oscardelarenta gown was designed by Creative Directors Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia, and its elegant, architectural, and just looks like heaven on the red carpet. Such a win for the @oscardelarenta team, on every level👏"— Co-Founder @hillarykerr on her pick for best dressed tonight #Oscars2017
5. Wearing The Right Colour: Figuring out the undertones in your skin is important before deciding what to wear. Whether they have cool, warm or neutral undertones, many stars dressed in colours that complimented their complexions. This allowed their skin to glow rather than looking washed out. Chrissy Teigen’s warm undertones were illuminated by her Zuhair Murad gown.
6. The Classic Red Lip: Red lips never go out of style. Nicole Kidman sported the immortal beauty trend which added a pop of colour to her nude gown.
Story by Catherine Barnes