1 red onion – diced
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 small knob of ginger – grated
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 head of cauliflower
2 cups of fresh diced veggies (carrots, capsicum and mushrooms work well)
½ cup of frozen peas
1 tablespoon of soy sauce or tamari
A dash of Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce) optional
Chilli paste like Sambal Oelek or Sriracha to taste
1. Start by washing the cauliflower and removing the leaves. Chop it in half and then cut the florets off the stems. Take a cup of the florets and put them into your Vitamix (or food processor), turn it setting 2 and use the tamper to push it into the blades, it will “rice” the cauliflower, creating the perfect texture. Scrape it onto some paper towel and squeeze the extra moisture out. Then pop it into a big bowl. Continue until you’ve riced the whole cauliflower.
2. Crack the eggs into a cup and whisk them. Then in a separate pan make a quick omelette. Turn it out onto a board and cut it into egg strips. Set it aside.
3. Heat your wok up and add your coconut oil. Once melted, fry the onion until it’s soft, then add the garlic and ginger. Add the rest of your veggies and frozen peas.
4. Now add half your cauliflower “rice” and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing the wok so everything gets cooked evenly. (I refrigerate or freeze the other half of my rice to use next time. You can also use it plain as a side dish with other meals)
5. Add your egg, soy sauces and chilli sauce (if using) and enjoy!
*You can also add meat to this for a more paleo option – left over chicken or fried bacon or ham both work well. Just add them in after the veggies to reheat.
We are giving away a Vitamix Total Nutrition Centre, valued at $995. Enter via Instagram and regram image at left. Follow @beauticate and @vitamix_aunz and hashtag #beauticate before October 18 for your chance to win. Click here for terms.
Story by Sigourney Cantelo.